- This TCMA In-Transition resources site has been developed to help members not only before, during, and after a job change, but also during periods of stress that do not necessarily result in a job change. It is organized in a series of tabs that relate to different steps in the journey and includes links* to items that are referenced. We hope you will find it helpful not only during periods of job crisis or job change but also when dealing with daily pressures.
- Remember that your TCMA and ICMA memberships follow you; they do not stay with your organization. If you are a member in good standing, you are eligible to receive all the benefits of the TCMA and ICMA In-Transition programs. The In-Transition program is designed to help members maintain connection with TCMA while between jobs and to support members through this emotional professional experience.
*Some ICMA links are available to members only.
TCMA offers a variety of personal support services to colleagues during trying times. These services include:
- Members of TCMA continue to receive the same benefits as other members
- Complimentary membership dues while actively seeking employment
- Waiver of the TCMA City Management Clinic registration fee
- Waiver of the TCMA Annual Conference registration fee
- Waiver of the William "King" Cole Series registration fees
- Stipends for the Texas Municipal League Annual Conference
To receive In-Transition services the TCMA Board has resolved that:
- Individuals must be current TCMA members prior their in-transition status to receive in-transition services.
- Any non-member of TCMA who is unemployed may, pending board approval, pay dues according to the appropriate classification and become a member of TCMA. The individual will receive the benefits of being a member of TCMA, but will not be eligible for in-transition services during this current period of unemployment.
- Individuals who are employed in the public (other than municipal government) or private sector, or are self-employed, are not eligible for in-transition services.
- Anyone ineligible to participate in the in-transition program according to the above guidelines may purchase the following package for a fee:
- A one-time mailing consisting of a list of city manager/administrator openings in Texas.
- The opportunity to be included on the in-transition list and receive all mailings for one year.
TCMA staff need your current contact information (home address, email, and phone) to make sure we know how to communicate with you. Click here to update your contact information. We are here to provide these services and they are free to members. If you are a TCMA member and are in need of in-transition services, contact Kim Pendergraft at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 512-231-7442.
- Update resume with a project skills inventory
- Media relations and online presence
- Develop responses to frequently asked interview questions, as well as any follow up questions if not selected
- Interim and permanent jobs and job placement services
- Prepare a draft employment agreement for your next position