Public Policy Task Force
The Texas City Management Association (TCMA) Public Policy Task Force will facilitate membership involvement in the Texas Municipal League Legislative process by:
- Assisting TML in soliciting the TCMA membership and elected officials to actively engage in the legislative process.
- Vetting legislative issues of importance to the membership. Recommendations shall be submitted to the TCMA Board, which shall comply with affiliate "Mandatory Conditions Related to Legislative Activities" of TML.
- Create tools to help cities understand the impact of state legislation on them.
- Provide avenues of communication between state and local officials.
- Collaboration with other groups such as chapters of APA, NLC, ICMA, NFBPA, LGHN, and other affiliate organizations of TML to work on policy initiatives.
- Make recommendations to the TML Board.
Minutes are available after approval.
Chair- Jared Miller, City Manager, Amarillo
Vice Chair- Brian LaBorde, City Manager, Taylor
Task Force Region Representatives
Region 1 Shane Stokes, City Manager, Pampa
Region 2 Maria Elena Quintanilla, City Manager, Ransom Canyon
Region 3 Robert Hanna, City Manager, Abilene
Region 4 Melissa Valadez-Cummings, Assistant City Manager, Cedar Hill
Region 5 John Whitsell, City Administrator, Chandler
Region 6 Jason Reynolds, City Manager, Nassau Bay
Region 7 Trey Fletcher, Deputy City Manager, Pflugerville
Region 8 Tobin Maples, City Manager, Fair Oaks Ranch
Region 9 Kathleen Weisenberger, Assistant City Manager, Portland
Region 10 Jeff Johnston, Assistant City Manager, McAllen
Additional Task Force Members
Vince DiPiazza, City Manager, Uvalde
Steve Dye, Deputy City Manager/COO, Grand Prairie
Bret Haney, City Administrator, Cockrell Hill
Bob Hart, City Manager, Corinth
Mark Israelson, City Manager, Plano
Bill Lindley, Town Administrator, Highland Park
Dion Miller, Life Member
Kent Myers, City Manager, Fredericksburg
Greg Smith, City Manager, City of Denison
Brad Stafford, City Manager, Navasota
Kenneth Williams, City Manager, Buda
Mark Wood, Assistant City Manager, Colleyville
Bill Yenne, Life Member