TCMA Allies Committee
Purpose: Developed with the idea of making recommendations on policies, practices and strategies to identify and eliminate disparities in the public administration arena.
Vision: We are passionate about creating an inclusive organization that promotes and values diversity. We are committed to individual and organizational efforts to build respect, dignity, fairness, caring, equality and self-esteem. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are building a culture where difference is valued. Equality isn’t just the right thing to do; it is the smart thing to do. Together, we can continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our members which connect us closer to the citizens and communities we serve.
Mission: Intentionally recruit, develop, and retain young professionals, women, African- Americans, Hispanics, and other underrepresented populations.
- Increase student, young professional, women, African-American, and Hispanic TCMA membership by 10%
- Conduct an equity workshop to educate our membership on the value of equity, diversity and inclusion for city managers.
- Support women leadership initiatives in the public administration arena.
- Target historically black colleges and others with significant underrepresented populations for careers in local government.
- Encourage appointed officials to recruit underrepresented populations for careers in public administration.
- Monitor the progress in achieving equity goals.
- Develop operational plan with metrics to complete the goals of the TCMA Allies Committee
- Create an atmosphere for a comfortable conversation on equity and inclusion.
Minutes are available after approval.
View most recent minutes
Chair- Elena Quintanilla, City Manager, Ransom Canyon
Vice Chair- Monique Vernon, Director of Development Services, Selma
Allies Region Representatives
Region 1 Leander Davila, City Manager, Friona
Region 2 Elena Quintanilla, City Manager, Ransom Canyon
Region 3 Emily Crawford, City Manager, Brownwood
Region 4 Paulette Hartman, Deputy City Manager, North Richland Hills
Region 5 Terrell Smith, City Manager, Marshall
Region 6 Jennifer May, Assistant City Manager, Sugar Land
Region 7 Micah Grau, City Manager, Buda
Region 8 Monique Vernon, Director of Development Services, Selma
Region 9 Vacant
Region 10 Michelle Rivera, Assistant City Manager, McAllen
Additional Allies Members
Mayra Cantu, Strategic Support Manager, Georgetown
Kevin Carruth, City Manager, Groves
James Childers, Town Manager, Flower Mound
Karen Daly, Mountain Plains Regional Director, ICMA
Jerry Ducay, City Manager, Colleyville
Melissa Fields-Allgeyer, Human Resource Director, Levelland
Andrew Fortune, Director of Policy & Government Relations, Plano
Matthew Hitt, Deputy Emergency Management Coordinator, Rockwall County
Sheyi Ipaye, City Manager, Willis
Lindsay Koskiniemi, City Manager, Sweeny
Brian Moran, Assistant to the City Manager, Baytown
Elvenn Richardson, President, EJAR STAR & Associates, Inc.
Isaac Turner, Retired City Manager