Social Media Terms & Conditions
The Texas City Management Association (TCMA) intends to promote effective communication and maintain a respectful dialogue. In that spirit, the rules for posting external comments on TCMA social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) maintain a productive and open forum for community discussion. Our moderators use these rules to ensure that posted comments are constructive and suitable for all readers while respecting a range of opinions and points of view. Moderation will take place during normal business hours.
Posted comments must comply with the following regulations:
- Comments must be civil and may not contain language that is:
- References to the personalities of individuals or personal attacks will not be permitted.
- Advertising, promotional announcements, or solicitations are not permitted.
- Comments must be within the scope of the topic under discussion.
- Comments cannot include personally identifiable information, such as an address, phone number, social security number, or other sensitive information.
- Comments cannot represent a person other than the one posting the comment.
- Comments containing links to other websites or pages must be relevant to the topic.
- Comments cannot serve electoral campaign purposes. Political messages will not be published.
- Participants are responsible for what they post. Comments must not breach any law, confidentiality, or copyright.
Comments by external parties on the TCMA social media sites are not official public testimony concerning any project or program. An opinion expressed on TCMA social media sites is posted for discussion only and is not a substitute for a formal statement in a public hearing process.
The TCMA does not necessarily agree with content posted on TCMA social media sites. Nothing in any social media sites constitutes a binding representation, agreement, or an endorsement on the part of the TCMA. The TCMA will delete any comment that violates this agreement; users will be blocked and/or reported to those sites which TCMA has a presence.
In addition to this agreement, individuals who also violate Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and Twitter Terms of Service, and LinkedIn User Agreement will be reported to each site and blocked from the TCMA social media sites.