TCMA Membership Committee
January 22, 2014
Members of the committee present at the meeting included: Chair David Harris, Executive Director of Support, Schertz; Vice Chair Julie Couch, Town Manager, Fairview; Greg Ingham, City Manager, Plainview; Ben Thatcher, Assistant City Manager, Southlake; Nina Browning, City Administrator, Winnsboro; Brenda Eivens, City Manger, Cedar Park; Kent Myers, City Manager, Fredericksburg; Kenneth Knight, City Manager, Edna; Wendy Smith, Assistant City Manager, McAllen; Robert Camareno, City Manager, New Braunfels; Brian DeLatte, Director Public Works and Development, Portland; Brant Gary, Deputy Assistant Director, Houston, Paulette Hartman, City Manager, Joshua; Gabe Reaume, Environmental Manager, Sugar Land.
TML Staff: Kim Pendergraft
Committee Chair David Harris called the meeting to order at 10:05 a.m. and thanked the committee members for participating.
On a motion by Julie and a second by Kenneth, the Committee recommends to the TCMA Board:
- That <name redacted> be awarded the 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award.
- That <name redacted> be awarded the 2014 Administrator of the Year Award.
- That <name redacted> be awarded the 2014 Terrell Blodgett Academician Award.
- That <name redacted> be awarded the 2014 City Council of the Year Award.
On a motion by Ben and a second by Kent, the Committee recommends to the TCMA Board:
- That <name redacted> be awarded the 2014 Mentoring Award in Memory of Gary Gwyn.
On a motion by Robert and a second by Ben, the Committee recommends to the TCMA Board:
- That Mark Browne, City Manager, Alamo Heights; and Scott Sellers, City Manager, Kilgore be awarded the Public Executive Scholarship.
- That Michael Peacock, Director of Operations, Joshua; and Jeffery Snyder, Assistant City Manager, Plainview be awarded the Leadership Development Scholarship.
Julie and Wendy reviewed the survey to be sent to non-TCMA members. David will present the survey to the Board. Kim will move the demographic questions to the end of the survey and provide a three week window for the target audience to complete the survey with a follow up reminder at the two week interval.
David reviewed the status of the Strategic Plan as it relates to the Membership Committee.
The next meeting is scheduled April 16-17 in Austin. The agenda will include:
- Scholarship interviews
- Range Rider program
- Joint recruitment with ICMA
- University career day
With nothing left on the agenda, the meeting was adjourned at 10:45 a.m.