Legacy Leader interviews can be viewed by clicking on Legacy Leaders.
About the Project
The Legacy Leaders Task Force (2009-2010) captured historical documentation of forerunners to the council-manager form of government in the State of Texas. Each Legacy Leader provides an interesting and unique story. Here are some things you’ll learn as you watch each interview:
- Circumstances that led to the adoption of the council-manager form of government or the establishment of the manager’s position.
- Challenges local government management positions faced among cities, towns, and counties.
- Why these Legacy Leaders chose a career in professional local government management.
- How these Legacy Leaders worked to improve local governance in their community.
- Proud moments in the careers of the Legacy Leader.
- Local government heroes of the Legacy Leader.
- The meaning of TCMA and ICMA in the careers of the Legacy Leader.
- Observations and stories about TCMA and ICMA from the Legacy Leader.